English for Academic Purposes
Sydney College of English, Australia
English for Academic Purposes is a specific course of English study to help students intending to enter an educational institution in Australia. It helps them to acquire the necessary academic literacy to survive in any educational institution in Australia. Articulation pathways to various universities, colleges and TAFE are in place and each student is counselled by the EAP coordinator at various stages of their course of study to make the right decision for their future career paths.
- We have Pre–Testing before each course to make sure students are able to cope with their chosen level of study
- The College has articulations with about 30 Universities and Colleges throughout Australia giving students maximum flexibility in future career choices
- Flexible 4 week study modules means that students can join the class every 4 weeks
- Students are assessed in their various skills throughout the course and a final exam is administered at the end of each module
- A dedicated EAP coordinator will assist students with their decisions about future study in Australia
- Each level of EAP has a maximum of 16 students at any one time
- Full Time 28 hours per week including 5 hours of supervised self–study (optional)
- Examinations: at the end of each module
- Certificate: Presented upon completion of your course
EAP 1 (Pre–Intermediate) IELTS Equivalent at exit: 5
EAP 2 (Intermediate) IELTS Equivalent at exit: 5.5
EAP 3 (Upper Intermediate to Advanced) IELTS Equivalent at exit: 6.0 – 6.5
Students who complete either our EAP 2 or EAP 3 program can apply directly to any one of our articulation partner colleges to be accepted into certificate courses, diplomas, advanced diplomas, bachelor or master courses without having to take an IELTS entry test. This is provided students meet the academic requirements of these institutions and is subject to vacancies and the availability of programs at these institutions.
Read reviews of Sydney College Englisch in Australia from former students.